Thursday, July 26, 2007

Redemption












Today started out as a pretty good day: I decided to take 695 to work to see if it is faster in the mornings and God just gave me an incredible gift as I drove into what seemed like another long day at work.

A rainbow. I was listening to Starfield's, "Everything is Beautiful" just as I saw it and I was struck by how amazing God's promises to us are. They are revealed through something as amazing as a rainbow. I felt like God put that rainbow, right there in my path, just to show me how much He loves me.

"Everything is beautiful, even when the tears are falling, I don't need a miracle to believe. Even in the crashing down, I can hear redemption calling and everything is beautiful to me."

I was convicted of how easily I fall away from trusting God and his perfect plan for my life.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

I love this post, Em.

Davesgirl said...

Em!!

Good to "see" you! The funny thing is I remember Aimee saying the same thing when she saw a beautiful sunrise on her way to work one day about 10 years ago (those were the days!!)- it is so good to see you following in her footsteps of thankfulness for simple pleasures from God! Hope you are doing well :)

~Melanie