Sunday, July 15, 2007

5



This number has always been my favorite. Growing up it was because I was number 5 in a long line of siblings-the 5th child, the youngest, the one who managed to dodge the administration, otherwise known as mom and dad. In highschool it morphed into becoming my number in volleyball-- emilysharon #5 turned up everywhere, in highschool yearbooks, letters being passed illegally and most importantly on Mr. Slonakor's white board with a few check marks next to it for talkative behavior-which usually progressed into getting a noon. The 5th song on every CD I would buy would end up being the greatest song on the planet. The list could go on, number 5 was good to me. In more recent years, it seemed to be forgotten, until today. I realized something...


On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, the number 5 plays a vital role in my day. The 5th floor, my refuge. The cafeteria.

On another note, I read that today is National Ice Cream Day, thanks to President Reagan. 9% (too bad it's not 5) of all of the milk that is produced by U.S. dairy farmers is used to produce ice cream. That's alot of ice cream...eat up!!





No comments: